Wednesday, July 28, 2010

you had to know I'd write about myself at some point

I've been away, steeped in someone else's sorrow, trying to be the hands and feet (and rusty van) of Jesus where I can.  It's a slow surfacing.  I feel like a wounded athlete, trying to work with the novel after last week.  I write in faltering fits and starts, erase, rewrite, two steps forward, one step back.  When the protagonist aches for respite, I commiserate, but still ...

I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

As Carolyn Arends said, at a concert once:  As long as there's breath in my body, God has a job for me to do.

1 comment:

  1. i haven't started to write yet....but I have BettyJ's words on an electronic sticky note so that I can be encouraged. If it means anything, you were absolutely the hands and feet and rusty van. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete